The Career Development Scheme
These schemes will be managed by CAP and the training will be provided by the ICS eLearning Centre.,
We expect to offer free access to the scheme for students within our launch areas, by offsetting the costs via business sponsorships, donations and any other funding opportunities.
The programmes will be mainly online courses, with a mixture of live online sessions and real-world sessions. The sessions will be focused on specific areas of the programme and will include guess speakers from within the related industry.
The real-world sessions can be run either within one of the schools or within a local community centre
The Community Action Programme (CAP) is a unique concept that empowers disadvantaged communities and families to have a real stake hold in society. We recognise that your environment and lack of real opportunities are major contributing factors towards criminal activity.
We believe that education and prevention is the best way forward for safer communities. CAP has developed a dynamic scheme that help divert crime and engage the community to action.
CAP will be registered as a Community Interest Company, a type of social enterprise business. The social enterprise business model is all about combining business with social justice and using business and enterprise as a force for good and a way of making positive change.
The business will run a variety of programmes & services, the majority of which will cater for School students / leavers, the long-termed unemployed and ex-offenders.
CAP will provide a range of community programmes targeted at young people, in business, entertainment, sports and technology sectors.
Running the Schemes
To run these programmes, CAP will require workers to help within different areas.
Our current tutor and the creator of our set of courses is David Bovell. David has many years of commercial experience within the IT industry, ranging from a trainee analyst programmer, developing database applications to managing an IT department with sixteen IT staff members. He has worked within various industries and have adopted many different roles. As a trainer he ran training groups for both business and classroom environments.
As we progress, we will be working with other tutors and course creators. This will be required to help develop more courses as well as to assist with student feedback & grading.
The majority of the required administration tasks for example marketing or fundraising will be carried out company wide. This document will discuss the tasks required for running the scheme.
Student Recruitment Process – To ensure CAP sources an entry level or junior level job role for each student on the scheme, a lot of time is needed to build and maintain relationships with recruitment companies and other job placement organisations. This process will include contacting some companies to promote our junior developers to.
Sourcing Commercial Projects – CAP will have to create and maintain relationships within the new business and not for profit communities to enable us to market our services and scheme to them. The services we will offer are web graphics & site design, web development, 2D & 3D animations and 2D & 3D game development, plus other IT related services.
Student Procurement – CAP will be working with schools and the Job Centre to advertise our schemes to. There are also many groups on social media for people trying to learn some sort of software development.
The courses within the scheme are divided into topics. Each topic is made up of lessons, quizzes and assignments. The student will have to pass each section to pass the course. Each lesson has a video tutorial to assist the student's journey.
Web Based – Career Development Scheme
This is a description of the path a participant of the scheme can take:
- Completion of all three web development courses. This will take the student on a journey from having no knowledge of web development to being able to design and develop their own database driven eCommerce web site.
- The student will now be given two commercial projects to complete, either within a small team or solo. They will also be able to access all other web development courses that we have available. This will help build their knowledge while they are gaining some commercial experience.
- Now the student is ready to start their career. CAP will work with recruitment businesses and the Job Centre to find Junior web development roles. While this is happening CAP will also help the student to sign up for sites that offer freelance work that fit their experience.
Game Based – Career Development Scheme
This scheme will run with the same basic structure as the web development one.
- Completion of the main game development course. This course will use the Unity3D game engine plus other software tools.
- Within the game development courses, students will learn how to move and control game objects, create mini games and to code using c#.
The lessons are designed to teach a topic amd then build on that experience.
- The student will now be given two mini game projects to complete, either within a small team or solo. They will also be able to access all other game development courses that we will make available. This will help build their knowledge while they are gaining some commercial experience.
- Now the student is ready to start their career. CAP will work with recruitment businesses and the Job Centre to find Junior game development roles. While this is happening CAP will also help the student to sign up for sites that offer freelance work that fit their experience.
Web development courses now completed